The International Girls in ICT Day (ICT = information and communication technologies) will be celebrated on 27 April 2023. To mark the occasion, CERN’s Women in Technology (WIT) community, its Visitors and Events Operations team and the Microclub are organising another edition of Django Girls.
The Django Girls workshop offers a crash course in computer programming for beginners aged 15 and over. The aim is to introduce digital technologies to the uninitiated, especially women, who are underrepresented in this field. In a supportive and positive environment, the participants will be coached by the CERN tutors in how to create a blog and launch it online. The event will take place in person, in French and English, at IdeaSquare.
- Friday, 21 April 2023, 6.00–7.45 p.m.: Launch party
- Saturday, 22 April 2023, 9.00 a.m.– 5.00 p.m.: Workshop
Conditions of participation:
- Anyone aged 15 or over who is passionate about information and communication technologies can apply to attend. Participants need no previous knowledge of programming.
- Priority will be given to applications from girls and women, but boys and men are also welcome to apply.
- Places are limited, so make sure that you complete the registration form carefully!
Meals: Lunch will be provided on the Saturday.
Find out more and apply to attend at: https://indico.cern.ch/e/django-2023
Application deadline: 26 March 2023 (11.59 p.m.)